Student Visa / Student Visa

What is it?

  • Duration: it depends on the duration of the course or courses you enrol in, plus an extra month or two of vacation at the end of your course granted by the Department of Home Affairs.
  • Price: $ 628 (Includes taxes).
  • You need Mandatory Medical Insurance (OSHC). It is a special insurance for students that offers health coverage equivalent to that of an Australian in his country. The OSHC must be contracted for the duration of the student visa (we contract it with the course). Each month of OSHC costs about $ 40-50 AUD (approximately).

Dream Way Education works with the best insurance companies, so all of our students will always be well covered.

  • It allows you to study and work up to 20h per week during the study period and up to 40h per week during the vacation period.


  • English courses (General English, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge, among others.)
  • VET Courses (Vocational Courses)
  • TAFE courses (Technical and Higher Education)
  • University Courses

You can also combine several courses within the same visa, for example an English course with a vocational course.

It is always advisable to study a long-term course, since although renewing is simple, you will have to pay the visa fee again, which increases after the second renewal ($ 628 + $ 700).


  • The student visa allows you to work 20 hours a week during study periods and 40 hours on vacation.
  • You must meet the attendance requirements established by the school.
  • You have to keep your OSHC (health insurance) current.If you are traveling as a minor, you will need authorisation from your parents and the school will grant you a host family (service with additional value).


  • The school must be a centre authorised by the government as CRICOS (Courses Regulated for International Students).
  • If you take an English course, it must be full time. Minimum 20 hours per week.
  • It is mandatory to have OSCH (Overseas Student Health Cover) health insurance for the entire duration of the visa.
  • A COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) is required to certify that the student has enrolled in a course.
  • You need to have a valid passport valid for at least 6 months from your entry to Australia.
  • Depending on your nationality and circumstances, you will need to submit certain information to the Department of Home Affairs for your visa to be approved. We take care of processing your visa and requesting the necessary documents.


162 Macquarie Street Hobart, TAS 7000 Australia

 +61 413 857 919



1 Sussex street Barangaroo Sydney NSW 2000

+61 413 857 919


Carrera 4 # 12-59 Local 101 Neiva-Huila

+57 320 476 79 90