Work And Holiday Visas

What is it?

The Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) allows young people between the ages of 18 and 30 to study and work in Australia for up to one year. Once approved, you have one year to enter the country.

There are currently 3,400 visas available for Chile and Spain, 200 for Uruguay, 100 for Ecuador, 1,500 for Peru and 2,450 for Argentina.


  • It is a temporary multiple entry visa granted for a period of 12 months, extendable for 2 periods of the same duration, complying with the required work requirements.
  • You can only request it once in your life. But if you don’t use it, you can request it again.
  • It is allowed to study for a maximum time of 4 months.
  • It allows you to work full time for a maximum of 12 months. You can work a maximum of 6 months with the same employer, but there are exceptions depending on location and employer.
  • No one is allowed to be included in the visa. If your partner wants to come, he would have to apply for another visa.
  • You can only apply for this visa while outside of Australia.


  • Have a passport valid for at least 6 months before your arrival in Australia.
  • Be over 18 and under 31 at the time of request.
  • Not having used this visa before.
  • Demonstrate financial solvency of $ 5,000 AUD + the cost of the tickets.
  • Pay the visa application fee ($ 485 AUD + fees).
  • It is necessary to demonstrate having a functional level of English.
  • Have completed at least two full years of higher education.
  • Comply with the health requirements.
  • Have no criminal record.
  • Attach a certified colour copy of the passport and a passport size photo.

81-86 Courallie Ave, Homebush West NSW 2140, Australia

 +61 413 857 919


Calle 1G No. 5 – 47
Neiva, Huila, Colombia

+57 317 375 8614